Yet when I reviewed the contents of our gym locker this week, there they were, along with:
- 2/3 bag of Easter-themed Hershey’s Kisses
- A five-pack of pink Peeps
- 2 chocolate-dipped Peeps
- 3 Laffy Taffies
- 5 Palmers Peppermint Patties
- 2 mini Nestle Crunch bars
- 3 unidentified gummy bunny thingies
- 1 pack of Nerds
- 14 chocolate eggs
- and 10 more loose Hershey’s Kisses that had escaped from the bag.
It’s not like we never dipped into this candy stash.
And it’s not like we never went to the gym.
Still, what further proof is needed that the best place to store tempting (non-perishable) treats is a secure off-site location where your primary purpose is to burn calories rather than inhale them?
*If I’d realized they were there, I surely would’ve put them out of their misery long ago.